This is one of my all time favourite recipes and I can’t wait to share it with you! Give it a go and tag me in your Instagram snaps @bookishblog_bygrace!
- 100g Butter
- 175g Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 (really ripe) Bananas
- 225g Self-Raising Flour
- 1tsp Milk
- Chocolate Chips (or a crushed chocolate bar!)
You will need a 2lb Loaf Tin for this recipe!
- Line your loaf tin with a light covering of butter and cover with parchment paper.
- Preheat your oven to 180c.
- Now, add the butter to a pan on low heat until softened.
- Add your sugar and mix until fluffy! Let cool.
- Now, beat the eggs one at a time, add to the mixture and stir well.
- Then, add the flour and baking powder. Mix until smooth.
- Add a splash of milk to the mixture.
- On a separate plate, mash 1 and a half of your bananas. Make them as mashed as you can! Add this to the mixture. With the remaining half, cut into fine circles and set aside.
- If you want to add the chocolate chips, pop them in now and mix!
- Spoon this mixture into the loaf tin and place in the oven.
- After approximately 45 minutes, remove the loaf and add the banana circles on top for decoration!
- Place back into the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Your Banana Bread is ready when you can put a knife or stick through the centre and it is removed without the mixture sticking!
This method is super simple and really easy! The bake is versatile and you can add a variety of different ingredients to suit you. For example, add flaked almonds for a nutty crunch or berries for a fruitier flavour!