This is my favourite Brownie recipe. EVER. It is so gooey in the middle with a gorgeous crunchy outside. It is perfectly chocolatey and looks totally yummy!
The recipe works on cup measurements. I’ve never really done this, however it is really easy and you honestly can’t go wrong! Just use a normal size cup and make sure you use the same one for all of your ingredients!
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cups Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Coco Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Baking Powder
- 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips*
*If you don’t have chocolate chips, fear not! You can use a crushed chocolate bar, instead!
- Line your brownie baking tin (8inch x 8inch) with a light layer of butter. Line with Parc ament paper if you like.
- Preheat your oven to 170c.
- In a bowl, combine the white sugar, melted butter and vanilla extract until smooth and fluffy.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, coco powder, salt and baking powder.
- Beat the eggs, one at a time, and add to the butter and sugar mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add the dry ingredients (flour, etc) in 2 or 3 additions, mixing slowly until combined.
- Throw the chocolate chips into the batter and stir.
- Now, pour the batter into the baking tin and use your spoon to flatten. it’s really important to make sure the mixture is even.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes. The brownies are done when the edges are beginning to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- This is the MOST important step – once removed from the oven, leave the Brownies! That’s right, step away… Leave the Brownies to cool. This ensures that they can firm up a little in the middle before you serve. Otherwise, you’ll be left with a puddle of gooey chocolate!
I like to add some fruit to my Brownies (after about 10 – 15 minutes of baking). This makes them super fruity and even more gooey! You can also add nuts to give the brownies an added crunch.